Stage 2 consists of:
- The applicant completes a video interview at 3PM AEST, Sunday 12 July 2020
- The applicant’s school principal submits a detailed reference by 3PM AEST, Wednesday, 15 July 2020
Up to 75 short-listed applicants from Stage 2 will receive an offer for ANU All-Rounder Scholarship OR an offer for another prestigious ANU scholarship on 10 August 2020. Applicants will be offered the most beneficial scholarship package. If it is possible at the time, we will conduct the Stage 3 in-person interviews over the summer of 2020-2021 after which up to 25 of the 75 short-listed applicants will be offered a Tuckwell Scholarship to commence study at ANU in Semester 1, 2021.
A Short How To - Applicants
- Applicants discuss their application with the Principal Reference
- Applicants complete the practice video interview that will be available from early July
- Applicants complete the video interview
- Applicants check that the Principal Reference has been submitted before the deadline
A Short How To - Principal Reference
- Discuss the applicant’s interest in the Scholarship
- Review the Principal Referee Guide and ensure that you will be able to access and provide the required information
- Upon receiving an email from Tuckwell, complete the online reference. You will be asked to validate portions of the applicant’s submission and the Teacher Reference and Head of Year Reference.
- Inform the applicant when you have submitted your reference
The Principal Reference should be completed by the applicant’s school principal, or if they are unavailable, another senior member of staff from the applicant’s school.
The applicant is responsible for their Principal Reference being submitted by the deadline.
We recommend applicants conduct the video interview in a quiet, private, well-lit place, free from possible interruptions and with a stable internet connection.
All Stage 2 candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application by email.
Short-listed candidates will advance to Stage 3.